Monday 1 June 2015

music monday// storyteller

Life is a journey. Sometimes it’s such an uphill climb that leaves us bruised and hurting. It’s like a range of mountains we keep climbing. The valleys in between aint no sunshine and flowers either. most times it’s like I just can’t catch a break.


But when I cast my mind back on the paths I’ve wandered and journeyed on, I can see that even in the heartaches, I wasn’t alone. I can see that the pain doesn’t last forever. Even though in the moment it looked like that was the end of me, I didn’t stay in the moment of hurt. God helped me through it, and it comforts me to know that He’ll keep helping me through.

It’s such a great thing to get to journal all that the Lord’s been doing in and through me, to get to write about His faithfulness. An anthology and book are sure to grow out of it someday soon. ;)

This song. I love, love, love it. loved it the first time i heard it. it reminds me of the storyteller that God has made me to be. Oh, and I like how Jamie grace echoes in the background. (if you haven’t caught on, jamie and morgan are actually sisters :) I hope you like it!

 storyteller~ morgan harper nichols
On a Sunday evening I’m looking back
over all the years and where I’ve been
Looking at old photographs
I’m remembering You were right there,
and You have been ever since
with every page that turns, I see Your faithfulness

oooh, the mountain where I climbed, the valley where I fell
You were there all along, that’s the story I’ll tell
You brought the pieces together, made me this storyteller
Now I know it is well, it is well
That’s the story I’ll tell

there were some nights I felt like they would last forever
but You kept me breathing,
You were with me right there (tell ‘em)
And all that You have done for me
I could never hold it in
So here’s me telling this story over and over again

You hold the broken,
You hear my every cry, my every cry
(You hear my, You hear my)
My eyes are open, I know that it is well, it is well

oooh, the mountain where I climbed, the valley where I fell
You were there all along, that’s the story I’ll tell
You brought the pieces together, made me this storyteller
Now I know it is well, it is well
That’s the story I’ll tell, that’s the story I’ll tell

For years and years and years I’ll tell
That’s the story I’ll te-e-e-ell

(love both the music and lyric videos)


“even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff they comfort me.” psalm 23:4

“God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” 1 corinthians 1:9

“because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed. For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23

Dear friend, however twisted your story has been, the Lord is faithful to use it to bring you good and glory for Himself. I’m so not where I thought I’d be by now. You might be thinking along the same lines with your life too, but God knows what He’s up to. Let’s allow Him to write His story through us.

Remember Joseph? I bet he thought his dreams of becoming a prominent leader seemed like a distant fantasy while he was a slave + in prison. But see how the good Lord used that time to train him for leadership, and the dream actually became a reality! We may be seeing the end goal now but God knows the process through which we’ll be refined for that end goal. Let’s trust that He’s in the process with us. We are never alone.


xoxo, gen delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...