Monday 22 June 2015

music monday// little lies

There’re days when I have to literally speak the Word over me to fight doubt and negative thoughts. The enemy loves to try to defeat us in our minds, cause then our actions will follow suit on a self-destructive highway, and it’s downhill from there. But we must fight back. When negative thoughts try to break in into your mind like a flood, stand on the Word and secure the lock to your heart and mind with it.


There’ll be days you may not feel beautiful, smart or talented enough. But feelings are tricky. We cannot trust our every feeling. When you wake up and you don’t feel like bathing + not feeling like showing up at work/school, what do you do? I’m very sure as much as you’d like to give in to those feelings you don’t however go along with them. Instead, you get up anyway and get your pretty self to work/school. See? We can’t go about living our lives based on every feeling that we have.

And then there’re people who’re careless with their words, who can say the most spiteful, hurting things to/about us. And all these things can try to weigh us down, but we have to fight back by focusing on positive things and listening to people who speak love and life into our souls. I fight back by reading and reminding myself of what God says about me in the scriptures, I sing and listen to songs of truth, I drift away from the negative people and draw closer to the ones who genuinely love me and speak truth over me even if they’re only a handful…sometimes it takes just one person at a time who believes in you to help you keep going on your journey.

Other times I speak to myself. no kidding. I give myself pep talks to soothe my troubled soul. And there’re times I remind myself of the stories of people who had a hard time in life and still made it through. Eg joseph and david in the Bible, the missionary called Darlene deibler rose; teen expert, josh shipp; the evangelist, Dwight l. moody; heather lindsey of pinky promise movement, john eldredge of ransomed heart, and inspiring stories of friends and friends of friends. etc I replay their stories in my mind and trust that God is faithful to see me through and finish what He has started in me too. this song is one of my go to when I desperately need to be reminded of Truth.

little lies~ the sonflowerz
Tell me, darling angel, do you lie awake sometimes oh oo
Fighting thoughts of failure, hating what you look like oh oo
Not good enough, you’ve been told.
Not fit for love is what you know
You’re packing up your bags with a million little lies

But tonight, come step into the light
Beauty awaits on the other side of these little lies
You can dance, go ahead, throw up your hands
Dare to live on the other side where the Truth resides

With another angle you could see the good that’s here oh oo
Where God designs a garden in the image in the mirror oh oo
Stop looking in, look out
Walls built within, fall down
Forgetting you ever lived in a prison of lies

You are not a mistake, don’t you be afraid
Hear the Truth calling you, calling you by name.

“for you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:13-14

“do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze…since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life.” Isaiah 43:1-2,4


I know sometimes it’s hard to feel the love of God, especially when we’re going through hard things, but it doesn’t mean His love is not true and permanent. The sun is constantly shining. The fact that stormy clouds overshadow it and block our view sometimes doesn’t mean it stopped shining. Even if you don’t feel like the truth of the scriptures is good enough to pull you through, keep believing it. you can’t trust your every feeling, remember? Feelings are here, then they’re gone. But the Word of God is constant. You can outlive the feelings, you can out live the gossip, you can out live the fear.

I know, it can be such a struggle to get through some days. But because Christ overcame all these things and even death, we can overcome too cos the same spirit that rose Him from the dead is dwelling within our hearts. We need to believe and use the power we already have as children of God to rebuke and resist the demons and voices of negativity. No matter what life has dealt with you, please remember that you are dearly loved, friend. You are. Also, remember: God doesn’t make any junk. :)

xoxo, gen delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...