Monday 29 June 2015

music monday// lift my life up

unspoken is one of my new fav bands! There’s something about this song that pulls me in. have a listen and lemme know what you think.
lift my life up~ unspoken
You brought me this far so why would I question You now
You have provided so why would I start to doubt
I’ve never been stranded, abandoned or left here to fight alone
So I’m giving you control

I lift my life, lift my life up
I give it all in surrender
I lift my heart, lift my heart up
You can have it forever
All my dreams, all my plans
Lord, I leave it in Your hands
I lift my life, lift my life up
Have Your way in me, have Your way in me

If peace is a river, then let it sweep over me
If I’m under fire I know it’s refining me
When I hear You calling out,
I follow now wherever the road may go
I know You’re leading me Home.

Take my life and let it be all for You.

“keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, ‘never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’ So we say with confidence, ‘the Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?’ ” Hebrews 13:5-6

“many are saying of me, ‘God will not deliver him.’ but you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.” Psalm 3:2-3

It’s becoming increasingly clear to me that one of man’s greatest fears is being alone. God knew way before time that we’ll be bound to feel this way sometimes, and that is why He assures us time and time again that He is with us, and will never forsake us, so we needn’t be afraid. I used to be one who heavily craved my space and wanting to be alone without feeling terrible about it. I still crave for my space but interesting enough, these days I’m yearning for intimate, meaningful friendships, a safe community of friends who welcome vulnerability and sincerity, who understand that we don’t have it all together, and that’s ok.

I guess this yearning has always been there but it’s magnified at this point of my life than years past. And thoughts of who the special someone is going to be? Those thoughts are mixed thoughts of hope and uncertainty. God knows when and how He’ll sort it out. Mine is to keep praying about it and praying for the heart of this anonymous guy, while I keep pursuing the Lord. I know being alone doesn’t mean lonely. Yet when I’m alone these days it’s like loneliness tries to find its way to me. when this happens I remind myself that I have holy spirit within me + my guardian angel right by me, though I can’t physically see him. (to think that the angel is a him is kind of awkward, considering I’m a she, right? Oh well. shrugs.)

in the moments when you’re tempted to think you’ve been left alone to figure life out or that God has forgotten about you, know that those are lies. He said He’ll never leave or forsake us. Ours is to believe. Even in the darkest valley, He is with you. He is lifting your life up.

xoxo, gen delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...