Monday 8 June 2015

music monday// touch the sky

I got to hear this song not so long ago and, yeah, you guessed right. I fell in love. I could listen to it countless times a day, milking its essence into my soul. I bet you’d love it too! :)

touch the sky~ hillsong united
What fortune lies beyond the stars,
Those dazzling heights too vast to climb
I got so high to fall so far
but I found heaven as love swept low

my heart beating, my soul breathing
I found my life when I laid it down
Upward falling, spirit soaring
I touch the sky when my knees hit the ground

What treasure waits within your scars
This gift of freedom gold can’t buy
I bought the world and sold my heart
You traded heaven to have me again

Find me here at Your feet again
Everything I am reaching out, I surrender
Come sweep me up in Your love again
And my soul will dance on the wings of forever

“let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help is in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:16

“do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:19-20

“My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.” john 14:2-3

It’s amazing how we have direct access to the throne of God, how we get to talk to Him and have Him speak in so many different, unique ways to our quirky hearts. Wrestling in prayer on our knees is such a powerful weapon we have against the enemy.

And oh, the eternal pleasures that await we who believe in Christ! He totally traded His comfort to come to this broken world to purchase us back to Himself with His holy, precious blood. I keep reminding myself to live each day in light of eternity, cause all of this down here is just temporal. Let’s keep surrendering our lives, our dreams and hopes to the One who knows best! Not easy, but completely worth it.

I recently got a new perspective in relation to the last verse- john 14:2-3. Someone in my Sunday bible class mentioned a testimony of a person who had one of those near death experiences and was taken by angels to see heaven and hell. In that experience, the person saw tall mansions, and little houses in heaven. The angels explained to the person how the deeds of the saints are translated into building materials of precious stones. Meaning that the rooms Jesus said He was going to prepare for us is actually based on our individual obedience…so your level of obedience determines what building the angels are commanded to build for you. Shortly put, the testimony reveals that we build by our obedience/deeds. It got me thinking of the faith without deeds is dead verse and 1 corinthians 3:11-15 which says

for no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved- even though only as one escaping through the flames.”

Well, I don’t know for certain how true and accurate the story is but it did really get me thinking, like seriously. I had never thought of it that way before. What I do know is even if I don’t get a super glamorous mansion when I get to heaven, my soul will still soar for joy, knowing that I get to have eternal life in the presence of my Savior, which of course is wayyyyy better than eternal damnation. Good thing is, there’re no negative feelings like jealousy or the need to compare and be discontent in heaven. There’s no night or rain or suffering there. So whatever my lot in this passing life and in heaven, it is well with my soul.


xoxo, gen delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...