Monday 17 August 2015

music monday// don't be afraid

Fear is no fun. It has a way of crippling your hope and strangling your joy. So how do we kick its butt? By feeding on God’s love and walking in the power of Holy Spirit. Easy to say, not so easy to do, I know. But we can do it.


don't be afraid~ tyrone wells
You feel the fear creeping under you
There’s a current come to swallow you
Because you know there’s nothing you can do
You’ve lost control and it’s up to you
Down on your knees, you’re praying please
A voice is saying
Don’t be afraid, it’s alright you’re not alone in the dark
You’ll get through the night
Don’t be afraid, I see you I know your name
And I know what you’ve been through
Don’t be afraid, don’t be afraid

Fear’s a fire, the walls are caving in
You see the demons and the seraphim
The battle lines stretch from east to west
The war, it wages when all you want is rest
It’s all crashing down, still through the sound
A voice is saying

Don’t be afraid, it’s alright you’re not alone in the dark
You’ll get through the night
Don’t be afraid, I see you I know your name
And I know what you’ve been through
Don’t be afraid, don’t be afraid

Perfect love casts out all the fear
It calls you closer, I hope that you can hear

“for God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind.” 2 timothy 1:7

“there is no fear in love. but perfect love drives out fear…” 1 john 4:18

“…I have chosen you and have not rejected you. so do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:9,10

’don’t be afraid,’ the prophet answered. ‘those who are with us are more than those who are with them. And Elisha prayed, ‘open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.’ Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all round Elisha.” 2 kings 6:16-17

Praying helps a ton in dealing with fear. I specifically pray against it and the demon behind it. our Father says it’s not from Him, so clearly it’s from the enemy. I don’t know what might be causing you fear… maybe it’s someone who keeps talking down on you, belittling you, speaking toxic words at you..or tv (eg. pretty little liars)/music/books that open the door for fear… if it’s possible to physically move away from that thing or person, you should probably do so. Some distance and healthy space will be real good. If it’s illness, some trouble that seems unbearable, know that you are not alone. You are never alone. He is with you.


xoxo, gen.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...