Monday 25 May 2015

music monday// the words i would say

Hi guys!! So, most of my posts lately have been scheduled due to connection probs. ;) looks like I’ll be scheduling for a while. So yeah, this is scheduled too, including most of the subsequent ones.

Oh well, guess who turned twenty something today!! Yurp, this lass here is in her mid-twenties already! Woahhh! Feels like it crept up on me. I don’t know how mid-twenties is supposed to feel like but I don’t feel or even look it. haha. Sometimes I feel like I’m still only 20, you know. Time sure does fly by, and for some reason I would want time to wait a while for me to figure some things out before it goes ahead and tick on. but we all know that’s just not gonna happen. 

i'm thankful to my buddy, Jesus for walking with me all these years. it's been quite a journey. And though I’m not where I thought I’d be by this time in my life, I trust that all things are working together for my good. I’ll probably share details later, but certainly not today. today deserves an extra topping of joy. :)

Welp! happy birthday to me!!! I’m sharing this song by sidewalk prophets today cause the words mean so much to me, especially more so this day. i'm imagining my 40-something self speaking to the me of today. I need to remind myself to be strong in the Lord. Enjoy!



the words i would say~ sidewalk prophets
It’s three in the morning, and I’m still awake
So I picked up a pen and a page
And I started writing
just what I’d say if we were face to face

I’d say just what you mean to me
Tell you, these simple truths

Be strong in the Lord
And never give up hope
You’re gonna do great things
This I, already know.
God’s got His hand on you
So don’t live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don’t forget why you’re here
Take your time and pray
These are the words I would say

Last time we spoke
You said you were hurting
And I felt your pain in my heart
And I wanna tell you, I’ll keep on praying
Love will find you where you are
I know cause I’ve already been there
So please hear these simple truths

From one simple life to another
I would say, come find peace in the Father

“have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.” Isaiah 43:2

now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” Romans 5:5

“the Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him.” Nahum 1:7

Let the truth of this song wash over you and be encouraged to let love and hope keep you going through this life.


xoxo, gen delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...