Monday 18 May 2015

music monday// shadowfeet

give me anything brooke fraser and I’ll love you forever! The truth flowing from this song resonates so much with me. a few years back, Heaven was not necessarily on my mind that much. I knew it exists but my actions didn’t reflect that I yearned to be a citizen of Heaven. All the chaos down here could easily sway my focus. Glad my focus is where it’s meant to be now, and I’m yearning to do all I do in light of eternity.


There are many, many things that could easily draw our hearts into fear, desperation, despair. Just take a look at the news and fear is ready to work its way into your heart. But when you are planted in Christ, even when fear shows up you have a sure hope of a better place awaiting you- Heaven! 

Sometimes I ask God to hurry with His plan of when the saints will be taken Home to the new Jerusalem. As much as I’m eager to be there already, I remember that there’s a mission here still to be done before that happens. And I know there’ll always be people who’ll think I’m crazy for believing in all this ‘Jesus stuff’ but that’s ok.

 shadowfeet~ brooke fraser
Walking stumbling on these shadowfeet
Towards Home, a land that I’ve never seen
I am changing, less and less asleep
Made of different stuff than when I began
And I have sensed it all along
Fast approaching is the Day.

When the world is falling out from under me
I’ll be found in You, still standing
When the sky rolls up
and the mountains fall on their knees
when time and space are through
I’ll be found in You

There’s distraction buzzing in my head
Saying in the shadows it’s easier to stay
But I’ve heard rumors of true reality,
Whispers of a well-lit Way

You make all things new
You make all things new
You make all things new
You make all things new
You make all things

When the world is falling out from under me
I’ll be found in You, still standing
When the sky rolls up
and the mountains fall on their knees
when time and space are through
I’ll be found in You

When the world is falling out from under me
I’ll be found in You, still standing
Every fear and accusation under my feet
When time and space are through
I’ll be found in You,
When time and space are through
I’ll be found in You
When time and space are through
I’ll be found in You.

“the fool says in his heart, “there is no God.’ They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.” Psalm 14:1

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.” Psalm 46:1-3

“and let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds, not giving up meetings together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another- and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:25

“it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. but everything exposed by the light becomes visible- and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. This is why it is said: ‘wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.’”  Ephesians 5:14

“enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. but small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” Matthew 7:13-14

“whoever does not take up their cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for My sake will find it.” Matthew 10:38-39

“He who was seated on the throne said, ‘I am making everything new!’…” Revelations 21:5

I hope you have your hope placed in Christ. Whether the earth quakes, whether an avalanche, flood, plane crashes, tsunami, hurricane occurs, though your heart may fret, the Beloved washes you with His peace when you trust in Him. these things happen to fulfill the prophecies about the end times.


xoxo, gen delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...