Monday 11 May 2015

music monday// the reason i sing

There are so many things we do in relation to the various spiritual gifts and talents the Lord has given us to use to point people to Him. and there scores of motives underlying why we do what we do. The Lord out of His grace has blessed me with the gift of writing. It’s one of the clearest ways I express my thoughts and what He places on my heart.


This song convicts me of the why I write. I must write to ultimately bring God glory, not to draw attention to myself. It’s all about Him. maybe you draw fantastically, design, sing, dance, engage in public speaking, act, write, play an instrument, have a special love for kiddos…whatever creative art the Creator has blessed you with, I urge you to use it to serve Him. personally, I know that even if it’s a small platform the Lord has given me now to point my writing to Him, as long as I keep being faithful with it, He is faithful to open wider doors.

 the reason i sing~ jimmy needham
If it’s just to top a song chart
To feed the kids and get a bigger car
The skies already have a lot of stars
And they all sing Your name
And if I’m here to write a number 1
To get a gold or maybe platinum
Make me a singer who is unsung
Cause You won’t share Your fame

Cause even accolades someday
Will fade away, oh just like me
Yes everything but You, yeah
And many years from now
It won’t matter how
I write the rhymes I do yeah
Help me get back to the reason I sing for You.

I’m always looking for the limelight
To dim my house and make the stages bright
Compared to You I’m just a night light
Against the blazing sun
I enter rooms and hope they notice me
To fill my social insecurities
I’m asking if there’s any hope for me
Cause there’s only room for one

Why are we so convinced
a bigger audience is simply common sense to have?
Maybe success is measured best
by nothing less than our obedience.
So if i’m destined for a small stage
The small crowds and the small pay
Then maybe even in a small way,
I can bring You fame.

“ “well done, my good servant!” his master replied. “because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.” Luke 19:17


“he who speaks from himself seeks his own glory, but He who speaks of the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.” john 7:18

“to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.” 1 samuel 15:22

“I am the Lord; that is My name! I will not yield My glory to another or My praise to idols.” Isaiah 42:8

“heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.” Matthew 24:35

“for we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10

“there are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.” 1 corinthians 12:4-5

                                   what are the special gifting the Lord has blessed you with?

Are you doing what you do just for the money or to draw attention to yourself? Ponder on this a little more and resolve to use your talents and spiritual gifts for God’s glory. :)

xoxo, gen delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...