Monday 30 March 2015

music monday// all this time

It’s interesting how we come to seek and find God when things fall apart, right? When things are rainbows and flowers and sunshine we get comfortable and likely to be lax in our pursuit of the Lord. Well, for me, I came to find Him when my life was unraveling at the seams. Like britt nicole, I’ve gone through and still going through some family dysfunctional situations and the Lord has been my strength through it all.


What’s a girl to do when the already-imperfect-and-chaotic nest is knocked out from beneath her? Get serious and seek her Creator right? But of course, gen didn't immediately do that. I tried to fill the voids with wrong relationships till my heart screamed “enough!” and Holy Spirit guided my steps to pursue my only Comforter and true Love.

I don’t know about your situation. But whether it’s family issues, emotional effects of divorce of your parents or going through a divorce yourself, pain from a broken courtship/relationship, betrayal of a trusted friend, suffering wounds from an accident…whatever your condition may be, the healer of that pain is Jesus Christ! There's no shame in admitting your struggles. Lay them at His feet, He’s willing to comfort you, I promise.

 all this time~ britt nicole
I remember the moment, I remember the pain
I was only a girl but I grew up that day
Tears were falling, I know You saw me
Hiding in my bedroom, so alone
I was doing my best trying to be strong
No one to turn to. That’s when I met You

All this time from the first tear cry
Till today’s sunrise and every single moment between
You were there, You were always there
It was You and I,
You’ve been walking with me all this time

Ever since that day, it’s been clear to me
That no matter what comes You will never leave
I know You’re for me and You’re restoring
Every heartache and failure, every broken dream
You’re the God who sees, the God who rescued me
This is my story, this is my story

I hear these people asking me
How do I know what I believe?
Well, I’m not the same me
And that’s all the proof I need.
I felt love, I felt Your grace.
You stole my heart that day.

“have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

“the Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me…” Psalm 28:7

“in You, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness.” Psalm 31:1

“…fulfil your vows to the Most High, and call on Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honour Me.” Psalm 50:14-15

“I lift up my eyes to the mountains- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.” Psalm 121:1-4

“though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.” Psalm 27:10

“the righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.” Psalm 34:19

“the name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.” Proverbs 18:10

“ “but I will restore you to health and heal your wounds” declares the Lord…” Jeremiah 30:17

No pain or trauma is greater than the healing and restoration power of our Lord. He is your only true love. Cling to Him, seek Him and allow His Word wash over you like a soothing, gentle wave. He’ll put the right people in your life who’ll encourage you and support you through what you’re going through. Take heart!
xoxo, 
gen delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...