Monday 16 March 2015

music monday// i see You

I came across this song for the first time through emma, who blogs over here. And not long after, i couldn’t get it out of my head.


You might have faced or currently facing untold hardship and you might wonder: where is God in all of this?! I’ve asked myself this question a gazillion times too. Life can seem like one affliction after another… it’s always one thing or another.

Have you ever gone through something and a timely word came your way? That was Him! I see Him through so many things. It could be a song that keeps coming to mind or that randomly sank into my soul…sometimes I see Him in the scripture I read for my quiet time that particular day…it could be a radio sermon I happened to ‘randomly’ tune in to…other times it could be a poem or book I come across ‘incidentally’ that really speaks into my situation…or a sermon my pastor preached sometime that totally rocked me, as if he knew into details what’s going on with me and it seemed the whole sermon was intentionally directed at me…or a timely blog I read, or even a tweet on my timeline…or when a someone sends me a message that directly relates to my situation and the person doesn’t even have a clue what I’m going through…these are all ways God reveals Himself to us, the power of Holy Spirit at work.

i see You~ love and the outcome 
I see You, yeah
I’ve seen the view up on a mountain,
Where trouble seems a million miles away.
And I know the lonely of the valley,
When sorrow is close enough to taste.

I’ve had my share of suffering,
I know the pain that life can bring
I’ve gone through some things
I may never understand
But You’ve been good when life was not
Through battles won and battles lost
And when I look back
On everything I’ve been through, I see You.

I know that all things work together
For those of us who choose to call Him God.
He might use calm, He might use chaos,
He’ll use whatever leads us to the cross

So now when heartache comes around,
Surrounds me like a cloud,
I know, I know You’re standing next to me right here
I’m gonna hold Your hand right where I am

“and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28

“I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” Psalm 27:13

“the Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.” Psalm 34:18-19

“…and surely I (Jesus) am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:20

As much as I may yearn to have a burning bush scenario like moses did with God, I know that God still talks to me. I tell you, He uses anything at all to speak to us in our situations. Even if it has to be a tweet on your twitter, God is not limited. He can let an insightful conversation you had with someone keep recurring to you to help you have clarity about your situation. We just need to be attentive and see Him in our situations. He is always with us.

xoxo, gen delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...