Saturday 16 February 2013

The Road Not Taken


6a00d83451fc5a69e200e55070c0958833-800wi                                                       
  Via

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost

IMG_
** This poem may mean different things for different people. For me, it speaks to me in terms of my faith. Christianity is well known. Many say they’re Christians but their lives are similar to the world. They’ve opened their doors to unbiblical doctrine. They dress the same, speak the same, and drink the same kind of drinks. I see around me only few people who actually live true godly lives, people who strive so hard to seek God’s path and walk on it, no matter how lonesome or ridiculous it might seem. I’m certainly not a perfect person in this walk with Christ but I’m willing to give it my all...I believe that should count for something.

The sigh in the first line of the final stanza is one of relief for me, a satisfied, happy sigh heaved throughout my life till when my life is coming to an end and I feel no doubt or fear about where I’ll spend my eternity because I lived a fulfilling life in Christ... and the thought of soaring into heaven with the Lamb when He returns...O, what joy! No matter how enticing and glamorous the world's way, I made a choice. And it reminds me that me deciding to choose this narrow path and saying no to the vain offers of this world is what sets me apart and makes any difference for my soul and eternity.**

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...