Monday 7 September 2015

music monday// greater

This song’s a great reminder of the greatness of the power of Holy Spirit within us, the children of God. His spirit in the depths of our being s greater than the trials and confusion we face. People may slander, gossip, hate, dislike you but choose to believe that you are an overcomer.

 greater~ mercyme
Bring your tired, bring your shame
Bring your guilt, bring your pain
Don’t you know that’s not your name
You will always be much more to me

Everyday I wrestle with the voices
that keep telling me I’m not right
but that’s alright

cause I hear a voice and He calls me redeemed
when others say I’ll never be enough
and greater is the One living inside of me
than he who is living in the world
in the world, in the world
and greater is the One living inside of me
than he who is living in the world

bring your doubts, bring your fears
bring your hurt, bring your tears
there’ll be no condemnation here
you are holy, righteous and redeemed

every time I fall
there’ll be those who will call me a mistake
well that’s ok

there’ll be days I lose the battle
grace says that it doesn’t matter
cause the cross already won the war
he’s greater, He’s greater

I am learning to run freely
Understanding just how He loves me
And it makes me love Him more and more
He’s greater, He’s greater

I know how it feels for people to secretly be glad when you’re facing a mountain. They subtly show their satisfaction over what you’re facing and mock you with certain questions and sarcasm. I know that all too well. If you’re facing something like this, do not despair. As you keep abiding in the shadow of God, He will deliver. It’s a matter of time.

“you, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the One who is in the world.” 1 john 4:4

“therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1

“may all who gloat over my distress be put to shame and confusion; may all who exalt themselves over me be clothed with shame and disgrace.” Psalm 35:26

“because he loves Me, says the Lord, ‘I will rescue him. I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. he will call on Me, and I will answer him, I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.” psalm 91:14-15

xoxo, gen

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...