Monday 21 September 2015

music monday// rock bottom

Dropping in today to remind you and myself of God’s love. love that is unfathomable. Love that is deep, sincere and authentic.
 rock bottom~ jimmy needham
I’ve never seen anything like your fountain
Comin’ down from the tip of the mountaintop
And it goes, never stops, only overflows
I’ve never met anyone with the power
To make a desert bloom like a flower
Up and it goes, where it stops, only heaven knows
Never known anyone as wonderful as You are

Over and over
You fill my heart with wonder
You take me by surprise
I can’t believe my eyes
Wider and deeper
Just when I think I’ve seen You
Like a stone thrown into the ocean water
I could search your depths
And never hit rock bottom

How can the God of the galaxies
Have a care for the little things
Every tear that I cry, every time that I smile
Deep in me You’ve created a fire
Like a friend You keep taking me higher
Up and it grows, where it stops, only heaven knows
Never known anyone as wonderful as You are

Even though I’m plungin’ in the depths of Your love
I’m just scratchin’ the surface of who You are
All the seas in all the world cannot contain all that You are
You captivate my heart

“what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?” psalm 8:4 and yet, He cares oh, so much for us!
“who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...no, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:35, 37-39

 No matter how far you think you’ve gone from the Lord, He still loves you. His love is asking you to draw close to him in obedience. So while the enemy uses people and even your own thoughts to point accusing fingers at you, Jesus is at the right hand of God also interceding for you. (see romans 8:34)

I am loved no matter what. You are loved no matter what. Why? Because that’s the nature of this ridiculously amazing love our Father has for us. His love compels us to obey and abide in His will for us. Nothing can separate God’s love from you and i. isn’t that the best news ever?!

xoxo, gen

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...