Tuesday 24 December 2013

My baptism and good tidings!

During the weekend, I took a great step of obedience publicly. I got baptised. :)

Well, I was baptised by sprinkling when i was only a baby but on Saturday, i did the real thing Jesus did when He walked this earth. Baptism by full immersion. Lemme share a lil info from my baptism class. ;)


 Inside the baptistry in my church

This is a physical act expressing a spiritual truth. Baptism is derived from the Greek word 'baptizo' which means 'I wash'. 

Baptism has four spiritual significance:

1. Christ died, and I died in Him ''Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin.'' Romans 6:6,7 

2. Christ was buried and I was buried with Him ''Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.'' Romans 6:3,4  

**You don't bury by sprinkling dirt on a casket lying on the ground, you bury by putting the casket fully into the belly of the earth. That's the same way real baptism is to be done by fully being immersed in water.**

3. Christ was raised from the dead and I was raised with Him and I have a new life in Him. ''For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection.'' Romans 6:5

4. Christ ascended to Heaven and I ascended into Heaven with Him. ''But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.'' Ephesians 2:4-6

So, there you have it. I hope you've learned a thing or two.

 And, have yourself a merry little  meaningful Christmas!!! Remember that it's not about the shiny lights or the trees. Jesus Christ is the reason for our joyous celebration!

 I'm oh, so thankful that my sweet Jesus came to this earth to save me from my sins. :)

 

Merry Christmas!
xoxo
Delali









No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...