Thursday 23 May 2013

Still I Rise


“No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord. And their righteousness is from Me. Says the Lord.” Isaiah 54:17

Have you had one of those moments where God is evidently trying to tell or warn you of something? The other day I went for praying meeting with a number of my fellow missionaries, and my sweet God didn’t fail to speak to a number of us. I was happy for His Word... It shows He was definitely in our midst and He heard our prayers. 

After the meeting, we were all happy and chatty when a good friend of mine drew near and started speaking words of life to me, inspiring, encouraging words about never allowing anyone to belittle me or steal my joy. I was like okaayyy. It was getting a teensy awkward, the way he was stressing it. Lol I was wondering why all of a sudden he was telling me such things, cause nothing had happened and like I said, the atmosphere was all happy and chatty. I wanted to ask why but I was like nah, lemme just take it in. 


O, how God works! The next day, the devil struck and it all began to make sense. You see, God knew way ahead that the enemy was going to try to disturb me. But I had a heads up from my God and had on His full armor. I always do, ready for any attacks. Sometimes God’s care for me leaves me speechless. There are a billion people who call to Him, but He still makes time for me and warns me ahead of battle. Isn’t He an amazing God! He knew the enemy was ready to get at me with meaningless, useless, empty words so He spoke to me through my friend before that. 

“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil...Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.” Ephesians 6:10,11,16

There are two forces behind words. One is good and the other, evil. God speaks to us through people, people who have made themselves available for the Holy Spirit to use them, just like my friend. But then again the devil also speaks and he also uses people who invite him in to use them for malicious purposes. And it’s so obvious the differences between the two. As the Spirit-led folk speak life-giving words, the ones who allow the devil to freely use them speak lies and detestable words... What have you been saying lately? Don’t allow the devil to use you. You were made for something greater, I promise.


The devil knows how precious the children of God are because of our great inheritance! Eternal Life! Plus we get to see and be with Jesus! Yes, that super cute, gentle Lover of my soul. :) Ahh, that day will be glorious! Anyways, as I was saying, the enemy who has been kicked out of Heaven is so jealous of our inheritance in Christ, so he roams this earth, searching for someone to devour. You know how the saying goes- misery loves company. This low life goes about using people to spread hatred and lies to eventually lead them off the path of God. Do you ever wonder why some people lose it and commit suicide or become alcoholics or do drugs? They allowed the devil to lie to them that they are not worthy. But hear me, YOU ARE WORTHY! You are so important to God, it’s mind-blowing. If only you opened your eyes to see and be attentive to listen. He whispers gently to your heart. You need only to tune out the devil and his accomplices by feeding your Spirit with God’s Word. Yeah, sometimes it’s not ‘fun’ to read His Word because it convicts you, but truth be told, that’s the best thing you need. And surround yourself with positive, godly people. You do not have to put up with negative people/lukewarm ‘Christians’ who do not support your growth in Christ! 

“So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you of My mouth.” Revelations 3:16

 I’m not perfect and I don’t intend to be but I know who I am in Christ and I can’t allow negative people slow my walk down with HIM. Yes, it’s that serious. This is my eternity we’re talking ‘bout here. And I can’t care how ‘odd’ this may sound to people. God tells us to flee from temptation. Acting on temptation leads to sin. So anyone who tries to tempt me to say things I shouldn’t say or listen/watch things I have no business with, I flee from them. Simple.

 “For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a servant of Christ.” Galatians 1:10

Be friendly to all but friends with few. Those you call ‘friend’, must also be on a journey living for God. And if people try to make you feel guilty for weeding them out of your space, let ‘em know 1 Corinthians 15:33. They cannot call you judgemental if you are quoting the JUDGE! Yurp, that’s right, HE set the standards, not you or me.

Note that I was busy seeking God’s face in prayer with friends when His Word came to me. God can’t speak to you if you keep shutting Him out and not making time for Him. Tune out the wrong crowd and seek Him like a thirsty, panting deer. You must desire to grow deeper in Christ. No lukewarmness. Remember, this battle is not a physical one. We contend not with flesh and blood so prayer is a very powerful weapon. 


“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.” Ephesians 6:12 

So as the devil tried pathetically to speak negativity to me that day, I simply laughed like always and thanked God for His Word. I do not speak that messy language. I speak positivity! Victory was and is already mine. I thought of how God never speaks in vain. His Word is Life itself. Was He not the one who called the whole world into being with words? O, I serve a living, mighty God! The God who walks with me through fire, the God who intricately formed me in my mother’s womb, my sweet Jesus who calls me Friend. Yes, He calls me friend. John 15:15 How cool is that! :D His ways are higher than the thoughts of man and the wicked plans of the enemy. I’m more than thankful to be serving such an awesome Father.

Do not entertain the devil at all. Sure, he’ll always try to work his way to you but be ready and alert. And like I say, there’re some battles you don’t even bother fighting, cause the armor of God shields you from them plus your level of overcoming is way above it cos you keep growing Spiritually...so the devil’s tricks become petty and old news, more like a broken record. LOL


Hear me, you matter. This world needs you. God needs you to fulfil so many wonderful purposes. Believe it or not, that is why you are alive right now. While you’re still finding your way around your purpose, the devil will try to lead you astray and knock you out. He will use people against you. Don’t let him have it easy. Don’t put up with the devil! Fight him off with God’s Word. Never believe a word the enemy utters against you. Allow God to work in you and wait patiently for the day when God will prepare a table for you before your enemies, the day when they become a footstool for you! Know that the people who continually plan bad things against you will have no choice that day than to praise you. The people who are seeking your downfall, waiting for the fallout, the ones who are desperately waiting for you to breakdown... trust me, these people will have no choice than to celebrate you very soon! As painful as that will be for them, they will. Why? Because God will make them! Psalm 23:5 says so! They should know better than to be messing around with HIS beloved children.

I’ve gone past the point of having petty fights and exchanges with the devil and his partners in crime. Nah, they’re just not worth my time! When the enemy struck that day, I had joy in my heart and kept singing praises to my Jesus. HIS Word about my life is the ONLY thing that ever matters to me. Bits of this poem from Maya Angelou came to mind as I joyfully relished in the beauty of that day. 

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I’ll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
‘Cause I walk like I’ve got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still, I’ll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops
Weakened by my soulful cries?

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I’ll rise...

The next time the enemy tries to disturb you, let ‘em know that aint nobody got time for that! The devil is attacking you because you have a super high value and he hates it. He’s jealous of it. Seriously, think about this. The devil wouldn’t bother attacking someone he’s already got pinned down. He’s after you with his hateful words and evil actions because you are still out of his reach! Boom! Be glad. In fact, you should be a worried if the world doesn’t hate you. Cos it’s a given, part of the deal. Jesus made it clear that as children of God, the world will hate us because it does not know Him/us.

“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.” John 15:18,19

So, is the devil screaming lies into your eyes? Tell him, aint nobody got time for that! Is he struggling to make you feel guilty and belittled? Let him know, aint nobody got time for that! No thwarted word of the enemy can prevail against the mighty, wonderful Word of God concerning your life. I’m not letting any insignificant nobodies dull my shine, and so should you! Like my dear friend spoke life to me that evening, I encourage you to never allow anyone to belittle you. You are a child of God, live accordingly. No one can compete with that.

No matter what the devil says, I’m an incredible wonder, a child of the KING of kings and the Lord above ALL. If this disgusts anyone, ha! Tough luck. This is who I am and nothing and no one can change this! I will continually be loved by my sweet Jesus into eternity!

“For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38.39
 Still, I RISE. xoxo

Delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...