Sunday 12 May 2013

A Special Person Called Mom


“No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother's love.  It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star.”  ~Edwin Hubbell Chapin


So today’s Mother’s day! Wooot wooot! How precious mothers are! I’m so very glad for God choosing for me to have an earthly mother who cares about me a whole awful lot. I wouldn’t know where I would be without my sweet mother. Well, we have our days but I’m thankful for her life and I appreciate her a lot.

It’s a beautiful thing to have a bond with your mother or a mother figure, you know. It’s a special thing. I mean who is there whenever you are sick and bombards your phone with a thousand calls just to check up on you? Who comforts you and tells you everything will be alright when you know at that point it’s far from the truth? Who sacrifices endlessly just to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need? Who shows you such compassion and love that draws you nearer to God? Who’s cooking tastes way better than any other?...The person who comes to mind in all these is my one and only mother! 

“Let your mother be glad, let her who bore you rejoice.” Proverbs 23:25

One thing I really admire about my mother is her ability to be strong in the most heart breaking situations. Like seriously, she’s blessed with some extra ordinary strength. I think about it sometimes and I’m like Lord, please lemme be this strong for my children one day. It was my mom who made sure all the times I got ill as a child (which was very frequent) that I got the necessary treatment to get well...she still does this in the present. It’s my mom’s love for the unlovable which softens my heart to learn how to love. It’s my mom who showers me with prayers all the time.


We’ve come on such a long roller coaster ride. It’s been hard...splashes of happy, dashes of frustrations and sorrow but still I love my mommy! She gets to deal with my moods and sees my weaknesses...she knows my secret future plans. I can be a handful sometimes but she puts up with me. It’s my mom who really understands my need for my personal space, how I’m introverted and laid back...and doesn’t impose being social on me. She knows it’s a learning process for me. And I love, love that I can act all silly with her. LOL Her sacrifices for me are too much and I thank God for that. 

“Honor your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you; that your days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with you, in the land which the Lord your God gives you.” Deuteronomy 5:16

I’m grateful that God chose my mom to be my earthly mother, that she made the choice to keep me in her womb all those nine months, nurtured me as a Christian, and still continues to take care of me. I couldn’t be more thankful. I pray that God blesses and keep her and bless me too so that I can love on her some more for the years ahead. I pray that God uses me to bring glory to her and to bring her all the happiness she deserves to experience, the happiness we’ve both missed out on so often...


So go on ahead and show your mom you appreciate her... Her sacrifices, her delicious cooking, her hugs and kisses, her words of encouragement and comfort, her much needed scolding. (Yeah, we need that too.) Let the mother figure in your life know that you appreciate her time with you. Let nothing come between you and your mother. Is it some past hurts or a present bone you have to pick with her? Please let it all slide. Fight hard to forgive and love her. She keeping you and deciding to give birth to you is reason enough to be thankful for her life. Be thankful that you are alive because God chose her to birth you to fulfil the purposes He has for you. Let’s not wait till mother’s day before we show our mothers how much we care. Appreciating our mothers should be a daily thing, a way of life. Go celebrate your mother!

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.  ~Honoré de Balzac 

So here’s to A Happy Mother’s Day!!! All mothers out there living it up according to God's Word and who are there for your children, God bless you, O so much! :D xoxo

Delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...