Thursday 16 May 2013

Protecting My Peace


“I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.” Maya Angelou

There are certain times in our lives when we make the mistake of bothering ourselves to associate with the wrong kind of people. You know, people whose actions and words scream ‘I am mean and I have no respect for anybody’ miles away but you go like, ‘lemme just try and see the good in them and not judge them from afar’. And this often is a big mistake. And then there are those times when for whatever reason you encounter random people who just hate on you for no reason.


 Well, when I encounter such people, I immediately try to disassociate myself from them because after trying to see the good in them, (which is an almost fruitless job) I realize that nah, its better if I shut them out and live my life in peace. Cos hey, we all love to have our piece of mind. And I go to all the lengths possible to protect my peace. Aint letting anybody rob me of it.

My encounter with such hateful people has taught me lots and made me realize that I can’t control how people behave towards me but I certainly have control of how I react. Most times when people step on my toes I keep quiet for a while and look on but then it comes to a point when push comes to shove and Lord knows one can take nonsense for so long. There’s a time to keep quiet, lest you make a fool look wise in his eyes. “Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.” Proverbs 26:4,5  And there’s certainly a time when you need to stand up for yourself. I’ve realized some people mistake my quietness for weaknesses. How far away they are from the truth! I'm all about being nice and kind but there's a point when enough is enough and you gotta speak up.

  There're too many people out there who are so bitter and they end up taking it out on others, bullying people with their vile words, and cruel actions. It’s like they enjoy belittling others to make themselves feel good. This just goes to show how pathetic their lives really are. I mean you must be really shallow to have this distorted perception of preying on others. They must have felt unloved growing up... I mean look at the way they go about being disdainful.


Well, if you are victims of such people, this is me telling you to rise above all that hate and stand up for yourself. Stop thinking your silence will make them go away. You need to speak up now! Let them know they picked the wrong person to mess with. 

Naturally, there are people who don’t like me, and I can’t be bothered in the least. And so should you, lovely soul. If everybody likes you then you must be some real phoney people pleaser. Well, good thing I’m no people pleaser. I say it like it is with no apologies. If I don’t need you in my space, you should be smart enough to pick up on it and stay away. Cos seriously, if you lack decency and respect, you are not allowed in my world! Nobody needs to tolerate inconsiderate, hateful people...people whose words do not edify and only tear down. God’s Word says if any part of you causes you to sin, cut it off. It’s the same thing with people. If they constantly try to bring out the worst in you, cut them off! No apologies offered.


“And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.” Matthew 5:30

I love surrounding myself with people who are positive minded, and correct me in love, not some harsh judgey, prideful, rude manner, people who speak wise words, not perverted nonsense. Seriously, some people know only your name and such and they think they know your whole life. You don’t know the half of it. No, you don’t even know the quarter of it! So hating hypocrites out there, useful reminder; before you go about hating on people, remember to remove the log in your eyes before removing the speck in others. 

“Why do you see the speck in that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?” Matthew 7:3

Quite frankly, some very hateful people pass certain comments and all I do is laugh. Odd huh. LOL Here I am living my life peacefully and there you are scheming and plotting. I laugh cause it’s funny how they can’t seem to have any happiness in their lives so they try to drag others down. I go like ‘this person seriously needs a life!’ 


Here I am busily pursuing my goals and dreams and there they are pathetically stalking me and meddling in my life. Hahaha like, for real, ya’ll haters need to get a life! It’s like my life becomes this addictive reality TV show they can’t have enough of. (I could offer 3D glasses if they don’t mind) Bahahaha Well, by all means help yourself to my life cos the more you hate, the happier I am to know that my life is so important to you, that you spend your time getting consumed with my business. 

Like they say, haters will always hate. But when they are hating, remember that you can choose to block them out and allow them to continue wasting their time. The internet makes it so easy for people to cowardly throw just about anything out of their stinking guts, but hey, remember the block/unfriend/unfollow/delete buttons aren’t there for decoration. They are your friends, use them!

“Through You we will push down our enemies; through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us. For I will not trust in my bow, nor shall my sword save. But You have saved us from our enemies, and have put to shame those who hated us. In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever.” Psalm 44:5-8


I can’t fathom how some people have this twisted mentality of not understanding that they have been cut off and that they need to keep it movin’. I’ll do anything to protect my peace of mind, so if you’re hateful and have no decency, I simply cut you off! It’s that simple. I can’t entertain foolishness. It’s a good exercise to tweak and weed out people who aren’t adding any value to your life, especially those who were never really anything close to a friend. You should try it, it gives you more room to grow. You’re wayyy better off without such people, I tell ya.

“No weapon that is fashioned against you shall prosper, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgement. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from Me, says the Lord.” Isaiah 54:17

There’s this line people cross after which they simply can’t get me to be ‘friends’ or anything with them. Sure, I’ll forgive and all but forgiveness doesn’t mean we have to be best friends and neither does it mean I have to willingly choose to entertain you in my space! I don’t need all of that mess you exude.



 Forgiveness simply means I hold no grudge against you. But dude, we aint never gon be like that again after you cross that line. We’re all human and mistakenly hurt each other, cool... but there’s that line. Some people cross that line and they automatically declare themselves enemies. But thing is, I can’t bother to fight my battles alone. I’m too good for that. God’s got my back and that alone is my warrant for victory! No amount of people’s hate can bring me down. Shoot! In fact I shake off all those piles of hate and use them as stepping stones for bigger and better things. 

So, go on and hate all you can, allow the devil to use you all you want. It just goes to show how shallow you are. I know there’re some people out there who openly hate on this blog. Well, news flash! This blog is here and here to stay! :p I’m never going to shut up, I’ll always stand for the truth unashamedly so you might as well get used to it. Like, no one is even forcing you to go about reading blogs you hate. SMH Some people are so hilarious, so warped up in their thinking. If you hate something that much, why do you even bother spending time with it? Doesn’t even make sense! LOL No one is forcing you to read or even follow blogs you despise. You must have some serious deep-seated issues. (Oh, and thumbs up to Google for taking off offensive comments before you even get the chance to.)


Yes, I’m a Jesus follower and no, I’m not a dumping ground for your stupidity. What God requires of me is to be meek and gentle, not a door mat! God asks me to be brave and face battles head on, not to cower behind and be timid. So, yes, I’m a Christian who isn’t scared to say things as they are and wouldn’t pretend to like you if you’re full of foul and scornful words.

Haters always go like ‘who do you think you are?’ Hahah. Well lemme update you. I’m a chosen, beloved child of God, I’m more than a conqueror, I’m worth more than rubies. I’m wonderfully and beautifully made (yeah, as much as you hate it), I’m dearly loved and created for beautiful, mighty purposes. I’m hidden in Christ, made in the image of the Giver of Life, I’m accepted and worthy. I am a daughter of the Light and I can’t help that I don’t entertain shady people. I am the salt of the earth, the light of the world, a city on a hill and I’m gonna let this light within me shine on! Whether you like it or not. I do not need your permission. I was born for a time like this! I’m not defined by the disdainful words that you spit out.

So you sweet souls out there, never let people walk all over you, ok? Know who you are in Christ and always protect your peace. Always. Know when to pick and fight your battles and know which battles aint worth fighting. Cos some are that insignificant. Dear one, don’t shrink down or dull your shine for anyone! Here’s a sweet song from Britt Nicole, hope you enjoy it.

Whatever you’ve been told, you’re worth more than gold! 


Haters, I can’t stress this enough, go get a life! This is me letting you know that you don’t phase me. So, ya’ll relentless haters out there, go get your notepads and pens, and start taking notes! This lass here is on a roll! I pray you renew your minds and allow God’s peace to cleanse you from your profane words, your hatred and bitterness. xoxo

Delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...