Monday 13 March 2017

music monday// broken lullabies

hi folks! i was a little caught up with last week so i couldn't post. buuuuut today, I'm so posting! (obviously) *giggles*

so this song....broken lullabies. I heard a few years back and i fell deep, head over heels in love with it. it's so gentle to the ears and it's so soothing to the soul and the truth it echoes is so real and totally vibes with me. hehehe 



i guess i fell for this beautiful song because it's resonates with me. it reminds me of me, the little girl me when the home i lived in became a place of strife and anger...when the home tore apart and became a house of humans living in their own hurt and bitter worlds. and i remember how listening to Kids love Jesus too on a christian radio station (sunny fm) became solace for me. the laughter and joy of the kids dramatically narrating the Bible stories brought some color into my world during "your story our" hosted by aunt carole and uncle dan, and then crocheting became my thing of escape too.  

i remember how i always looked forward to my test scores from the "your story hour" team based in US ...and all the smileys they put on my scores and encouraging words. and all those times, all those moments of brokenness...Jesus was working, He was so close, He knew everything and He knew I'd survive and thrive. and He comforted me in ways I didn't even know back then. 

i hope this song brings some emotional relief to you as you listen and sing along.
 

broken lullabies// for King and country
Lovely child, lay your head and sleep
Dream of a world full of circus rides
And golden streets
Lonely child, why are you so sad?
Why do the tears fall so easily?
You're too young to weep

So you pray
And you wait
For the better days when you'll be safe

And some day soon you'll find where you belong
Where there are no more broken lullabies

How long, child, have you been afraid?
When was the last time you laughed out loud,
The last time you played?
You build your walls with blankets from your bed
You hide underneath them, you close your eyes
And try to forget

And some day soon you'll find where you belong
And one day soon you'll leave it all behind
You'll find a place where love remains
Where there are no more broken lullabies

I know you feel like you're alone
But you're not
And I know you feel like no one knows
But you're wrong

So you pray
And you wait
But don't worry I will keep you safe

Some day soon you'll find where you belong
And one day soon you'll leave it all behind
You'll find a place where love remains
Where there are no more broken lullabies


 "For He inflicts pain, and gives relief; He wounds, and His hands also heal." // job 5:18

"The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit." // psalm 34:18

"He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds."// psalm 147:3


no matter what you've been through, no matter what you're going through, no matter what you'll be going through, no matter who broke your heart with their lies, Jesus is near, so, so near.
  take heart, be strong. you'll be so fine.
xoxo
delali


No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...