Monday 25 September 2017

music monday// Christ in me

hi there! i hope you had a restful weekend. :) 
mine was productive and good! i spent a bit of it crafting new pieces of hand lettering art. you can check out my new crafts shop (Delali Creates Shop) here!

sooo today I'm sharing this song by jeremy camp that just wouldn't leave my head. 

i keep humming it unconsciously in between the buzz of these past days. 
the words carry so much weight and i'm hoping it means something to you as much as it does to me. :)


via 

Christ in me ~Jeremy Camp
In this obsession with the things this world says make us happy
Can't see the slaves we are in all the searching all the grasping
Like we deserve much more than all these blessing we're holding
So now I'm running free into an ocean of mercy unending

So come and empty me
So that it's you I breathe
I want my life to be
Only Christ in me
So I will fix my eyes
'Cause You're my source of life
I need the world to see
That it's Christ in me
That it's Christ in me

Done with what holds me down the things I once was chasing after
Throw off these heavy chains that I have let become my master
So now I'm running free into an ocean of mercy unending

So come and empty me
So that it's you I breathe
I want my life to be
Only Christ in me
So I will fix my eyes
'Cause you're my source of life
I need the world to see
That it's Christ in me
That it's Christ in me

In this obsession with the things this world says make us happy
Can't see the slaves we are in all the searching all the grasping

So come and empty me
So that it's you I breathe
I want my life to be
Only Christ in me
So I will fix my eyes
'Cause you're my source of life
I need the world to see
Only Christ in me
Only Christ in me
Only Christ in me
Christ in me 
 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."// galatians 2:20

I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me."// John 17:23

"If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness."// romans 8:10

"The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us."// 1 John 3:24

  This planet called earth is a world full of decay and sin and death and the only Source of life here is the Word of Father God as His Holy Spirit moves and brings the Word alive in the lives of those who seek salvation in Jesus Christ by believing in Him. 

If you're a Christian i'd like to encourage you not to give up or compromise on your faith in Jesus no matter what.
If you're caught in a cyclone of doubts and unbelief and wondering if this Jesus you keep hearing about is real, well let me just say He is soooooo real, closer than your breath and He is waiting, yearning for the time when you would eventually put your faith and trust in Him.
it is worth it. i promise!

dear you, please do not allow yourself to be polluted by this obsession driven world. more money wouldn't satisfy the void inside, more stuff wouldn't bring fulfillment, more relationships with guys and ladies wouldn't do it either. we're all broken cisterns and only Jesus truly satisfies the thirst of the human soul. only He can fill the void in the human heart.
Christ in you and i is the hope of glory! :)

xoxo,
 Delali

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...