Monday 12 October 2015

music monday// to know You

Knowing the Lord of our souls is a life-long journey. There is so much to Him. these lyrics remind me of some of the ways to keep knowing Him.



to know You~ casting crowns
To know You is to never worry for my life,
And to know You is to never give in to compromise
To know You is to want to tell the world about You
Cause I can’t live without You

To know You is to hear Your voice when You are calling
To know You is to catch my brother when he’s falling
To know You is to feel the pain of the broken hearted
Cause they can’t live without You

More than my next breath
More than life or death
All am reaching for, I live my life to know You more
I leave it all behind, You are all that satisfies
To know You is to want to know You more
To know You is to want to know You more

To know You is to ache for more than ordinary
To know You is to look beyond the temporary
To know You is believing that You will be enough
Cause there is no life without You

All this life could offer me, could not compare to You, compare to You
And I count it all as lost, compared to knowing You, knowing You

“I tell you, do not worry about your life…” matthew 6:25

" that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings..." phillipians 3:10

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. if you really know Me, you will know My Father as well. From now on, you do know Him and have seen Him.” john 14:6-7

“these commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door-frames of your houses and on your gates.” Deuteronomy 6:6-9

My prayer is that I do not get tired of getting to know my Lord, that I’ll keep on pursuing Him and when I get weak and weary, pray for strength to carry on like the faithful soldier that He’s called me to be in His kingdom. I pray you pray the same too.

xoxo, gen

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...