Monday 5 January 2015

music monday// beautiful day

hi, guys!!! happy new year! i hope the new year found you rejoicing in the presence of God! :)
so, let’s start the first monday in 2015 with an upbeat song, shall we?! i love, love this song. it reminds me that i don’t have to have all things going perfect before i know life is beautiful. the fact that i’m breathing is enough reason to praise God. and i know sometimes that seems to be not enough reason, like i must have all the things i ask God before i’m joyful. nope. i’m alive, and that means God has a purpose for me. i don’t want to take His breath in me for granted. psalm 51:1 says restore to me the joy of Your salvation.. if nothing at all, heaven waits for me, and that sure is enough reason for me to be joyful and revel in each day that God wakes me up to. 

beautiful day ~ jamie grace
Oh oh oh wake up and smile cause it’s been a while
It’s been like a whole day since I stopped so You could hold me
This child awakes strong in the faith,
Lord, You are the refuge that I can’t wait to get to

Cause I can’t let a day go, can’t let a day go by
without thanking You for the joy that You bring to my life

and oh, there’s something ‘bout the way Your sun shines on my face
it’s a love so true I can never get enough of You
this feeling can’t be wrong
I’m about to get my worship on
Take me away, it’s a beautiful day, yeah, yeah, yeah it’s a beautiful day

When trouble seems to rain on my dreams,
It’s not a big, not a big deal
Let it wash all the bugs off my windshield
Cause You’re showing me in You I’m free
And You’re still the refuge that I’ve just got to get to

So I won’t let a day go, won’t let a day go by
So put the drop-top down, turn it up, I’m ready to fly

I’ve got no need to worry, I’ve got no room for doubt
No matter what’s coming at me, You’ll always be the beautiful I sing about
There aint no limitations to Your amazing grace, Your amazing grace

And there’s something ‘bout the way Your love shine on my face
Oh no, I just could never get enough of You
This feeling can’t be wrong
I’m about to get my worship on
I’m gonna sing a brand new song
Yeah, I’m about to get my worship on
Take me away on this beautiful day.

Beautiful day, it’s a beautiful day
Such a beautiful day.


“You make known to me the path of life;  You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand.” Psalm 16:11

“the Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” Psalm 18:2

“come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.” Psalm 95:1

“sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise His name; proclaim His salvation day after day.” Psalm 96:1-2

“I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.” Psalm 104:33

“the name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.” Proverbs 18:10

“therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:1

“it is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand form, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1

“do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6

God sends down the snow for a change of season, making us to be even more thankful for spring showers and new beginnings. He shines the brilliance of the sun on us to warm our bodies and displays His creative spark all around us…lovely sunrises and sunsets leaving the skies with mesmerizing streaks of pink, purple, orange and golden hues. no matter the brand of crazy you may be facing, it’s still a beautiful day. focus on God, and you’ll see!

have a purposeful and blessed new year! :)

xoxo, gen delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...