Monday 1 December 2014

music monday// give me Your eyes

after i confessed with my mouth that Jesus is my Savior and believed it in my heart of hearts, i was transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the brilliant Kingdom of Jesus. and that was the cue for Holy Spirit to come into my heart and take me through the process of sanctification. i have been saved by grace [undeserved favor] alone. God expected me from then to gradually start bearing the fruit of Holy Spirit.  


"He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His 
mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by His grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life." titus 3:5-7

now, out of Daddy's great measure of love for me, i'm compelled to bear fruit, good fruit. and this is seen through the actions i take, what i do. so, i do not work for grace, but i work from grace. God's love, His salvation compels me to die to my selfish nature and get out of my little world even when i don't feel like it and display His love- share the Good News of the salvation of Jesus, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, support projects that provide clean water to people who walk miles and miles for water which isn't even that clean...His love within me compels me to be empathetic to the plight of people and be moved to action.

our prayer should be that our hearts break for what breaks His, to see and hear the people in despair and be His hands and feet to them by doing something to help. how wonderful it'll be if we ask Him to show us how people are really feeling deep down, beneath the facade so we can speak Truth into them. i bet many suicides, self-abuse and horrible choices would be avoided. are you paying attention to that friend, that co-worker, that stranger in the coffee shop? is there something God is showing you? i hope you see and move to action.

give me Your eyes ~ brandon heath
look down from a broken sky, traced out by the city lights
my world from a mile high, best seat in the house tonight.

touch down on the cold black top, hold on for the sudden stop
breathe in the familiar shock of confusion and chaos,
all those people going somewhere. why have i never cared?

give me Your eyes for just one second
give me Your eyes so i can see everything that i keep missing
give me Your love for humanity 
give me Your arms for the broken-hearted the ones  that are far beyond my reach
give me Your heart for the ones forgotten
give me Your eyes so i can see.

yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

step out on a busy street, see a girl and our eyes meet,
does her best to smile at me to hide what's underneath.
there's a man just to her right, black suit and a bright red tie,
too ashamed to tell his wife he's out of work, he's buying time.

i've been here a million times, a couple of million eyes
just move and pass me by i swear i never thought that i was wrong.
i need a second glance, give me a second chance
to see the way You see the people all along.

"suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. if one of you says to them, 'go in peace; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? in the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." james 2:15-17

"you see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone...as the body without the Spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." james 2:24,26

"but the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." galatians 5:22-23

"and whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." colossians 3:17

i hope you see what God shows you, i hope you hear the silent cries of many wounded people around you, i hope you put yourself in the shoes of others and try to feel what they go through, feel the desperation in their hearts. but it doesn't end there. i hope you are compelled to do something. 
let's bear the fruit of Holy Spirit. :)

xoxo, gen delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...