Monday 16 February 2015

music monday// the lost get found

I've been called as a Christ follower to reach out to the destitute around me, and most importantly to share the Good News of Christ with them. I know this very well, and yet it’s sometimes real hard to look beyond the personal issues I may be going through. I can get so consumed with problems I face that reaching out seems quite an arduous task.
Sometimes I would like to have my life perfect before bothering to reach out, but Holy Spirit convicts me and gently reminds me that rain or shine, troubles free or not, my duty as a child of God redeemed by Christ is to be the light, reflecting Christ’s light for someone, somewhere. It can’t be all about me all the time.

the lost get found~ britt nicole
Hello my friend, I remember when you were so alive
With your eyes to the light
that you had when your heart was stolen.
Now you say that it ain’t worth stayin’
You wanna run but you’re hesitatin’
I’m talking to me.

Don’t let your lights go down
Don’t let your fire burn out
Cause somewhere, somebody needs a reason to believe.
Why don’t you rise up now?
Don’t be afraid to stand-ou-ou-out
That’s how the lost get fou-ou-ound
The lost get fou-ou-ound.

So when you get the chance,
Are you gonna take it?
There’s a really big world at your fingertips
And you know you have the chance to change it.

There’s a girl on the streets, she’s crying
There’s a man whose faith is dying.
Love is calling you-oo-oo

Why do we go with the flow?
Why take the easier road?
Why are we playing it safe?
Love came to show us the way
Love is a chance we should take
I’m moving out of the gray

“then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ and I said, ‘here am i. send me!’ Isaiah 6:8

“…woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward…” 1 corinthians 9:16-17

“you are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:14-16

“therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20

“speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.” Proverbs 31:8-9

“do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is- His good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2

“therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labour in the Lord is not in vain.” 1 corinthians 15:58

matthew 24:12-13  says, “because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.”

Has your love to reach out to the world around you grown cold? You may be the only hope for someone to get the chance to know/hear the Gospel and be saved. As you reach out to others, watch God reach out to you in your personal circumstances. Keep your light burning.


xoxo, gen delali.

No comments:

Share your thoughts away, dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Soaring Up In Sunshine

Soaring Up In Sunshine
//sharing my heart in the glow of the sun//
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...